The National Energy Management Institute is a not for profit organization jointly funded and managed by the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors' National Association (SMACNA) and the Sheet Metal Workers' International Association (SMWIA). NEMI is governed by a Board of Directors.
On this website you will find:
Two HVAC Fire Life Safety videos entitled "Reducing the Risk", which addresses the need for proper inspection of smoke and fire dampers by ICB Certified HVAC Fire Life Safety Level 1 Technicians, and "Controlling Smoke" which addresses the importance of hiring ICB Certified HVAC Fire Life Safety Level 2 Technicians to keep stairwell pressurization fans operating at optimal levels are now available for viewing on YouTube. Please click on the title to be connected these videos.
- Information on training available via NEMI to eligible individuals who want to enhance their skills
- A repository of technical information, including reports by the National Center for Energy Management and Building Technologies. You will find these reports in the Resources section.
- Click here to access examples of inspection labels to be applied upon completion of inspection and testing of smoke and fire dampers. All are in Microsoft Word format allowing you to include your companies contact information on the inspection labels.
- A listing of our marketing materials. To download any of our materials please click here.
- Are you ready for the proportional balancing challenge? Click here to obtain a copy of the construction plans and rules of the game.
- A list of principal standards settings organizations of interest to our industry
If you are searching for certification opportunities, please click here and you will be connected to the website of the International Certification Board for the Sheet Metal Industry.